The overall goal of the Clinical Informatics Innovation and Implementation (CI3) Lab is to provide expertise in leveraging Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems and data to improve healthcare delivery and biomedical discovery. The three-fold mission is to: (1) innovate use of the EHR for primary (e.g., patient care) and secondary (e.g., research, quality, and public health) purposes, (2) implement digital solutions within operational clinical and research systems, and (3) inspire the next generation of clinical informaticians. Current areas of research are focused on applying informatics approaches for improving mental health (mental health informatics) and child health (pediatric informatics).
- Collection and Analysis of Social, Behavioral & Familial Factors
- Identification and Prediction of Mental Health Conditions
- Development of Informatics Tools to Support Pediatric Psychiatry Programs
- Characterization of the Use and Quality of Documentation in the EHR
- Integration and Adaptation Information Resources for Pediatric Health